We respect your privacy and appreciate the importance of your trust. As part of our efforts to help you understand how we handle the personal information you share with us, and in compliance with the regulations named in Section 11 within, please review the following terms carefully.
- General Terms.
As more fully described below, we may collect and process certain information that is provided by you to us. We have a legal basis for collecting and processing such information because:
- You have given us permission to do so;
- We must provide services to you in conjunction with a contract you have entered into for the provision of products or services, or an order you have placed via our software platform, or through other means (such order authorization may take various forms, such as signed service orders or master service agreements); and/or
- We are required to do so in order to comply with applicable law.
The Section below describes the types of information that we may collect from you and our business purposes for collecting such information.
- Information that We Collect and Process.
Information Provided by You:
We may collect Personal Information that you provide to us. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you individually, and includes items such as your name, company name, business address, e-mail address, and telephone number. If you are a user of our products and/or Cloud-Based Platform, we may also collect payment information (such as your account or card number), if used to make a purchase from our Website or our Cloud-Based Platform or pay your invoices. Further, you may provide information like employee business title, employee ID, login credentials, and assigned IT assets. By means of managing service providers with whom you contract, we may collect information like reference number, call detail records, cost center, department, and ICCID/IMEI. The type of Personal Information that we may collect also depends on your use of this Website or our Cloud-Based Platform and what information you provide to us.
We and our third-party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how this Website or our Cloud-Based Platform is accessed and used (known as “Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the type of browser and device you used to access our Website or our Cloud-Based Platform, your operating system and application version, the web pages accessed by you, the time you accessed these web pages, preceding web page views, and your use of any features or applications on this Website or our Cloud-Based Platform. Statistical data like this helps us understand what is interesting and relevant to our customers, so we can best adapt our content for our customers’ benefit.
We and our third-party service providers may also automatically collect an IP address or other unique identifier information from the computer, mobile device, technology or other device you use to access this Website or our Cloud-Based Platform. We may use this information to, among other things, administer this Website or our Cloud-Based Platform, help diagnose server problems, analyze trends, track web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information for collected use.
Cookies and Other Technology:
Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may disable cookies on your web browser within the Privacy & Security settings section of your browser; however, your ability to use the Website or our Cloud-Based Platform will be then limited and/or unavailable. To learn more about cookies, please click here. You may also choose to download an opt-out cookie (a cookie must be on your computer to tell our systems that you have opted-out). To learn more about opt-out cookies, please click here.
- Our Use and Sharing of Your Information.
We use the information that we collect about you for a variety reasons, including the following:
- Verifying your identity;
- Fulfilling your orders for products or services;
- Responding to your questions;
- Invoicing you for services rendered or products purchased;
- Communicating with you about your purchases and activities on this Website or our Cloud-Based Platform;
- Improving the Website or our Cloud-Based Platform and our customers’ experience;
- Sending you emails and other marketing communications; and
- Sending notices or information.
We may share your Personal Information as described below:
- With our sub-processors that we use to support our business;
- To provide you with any information or services that you request;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal process, or as otherwise required by law;
- To exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims, to enforce our contracts, to investigate, respond to and resolve problems or inquiries (including governmental inquiries), or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- In connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of our assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products and services, including at bankruptcy;
- With our affiliates, subsidiaries, or parent companies; and
- With your consent.
If you would like to subscribe to the current list of our sub-processors with whom we share Personal Information, you may sign up here.
We may also use and disclose any information that is aggregated or de-identified so that it does not identify you personally, in our discretion.
- Security and Your Information.
We, and our sub-processors, use reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss, unauthorized use, disclosure or destruction and when transferring information for processing. However, please note that no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be absolutely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. When we are made aware of vulnerability in our security practices, we will address them according to our “Incident Response Protocol.”
- How Long We Will Retain Your Information.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than required. We will keep your personal information until we no longer have a valid legal or business reason for keeping it or you request us to stop using it. Please note that we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your request not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer. Please note we may also keep just enough of your personal information to remain compliant with tax authorities or regulatory entities.
- Your Rights
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These rights may include:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”); Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- Consent to Processing Information.
Our Website or our Cloud-Based Platform are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the United States, and are intended for the use of residents of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
- Third Party Links and Services.
- Our Children’s Policy.
Neither this Website nor our Cloud-Based Platform is directed to children under the age of thirteen (13). Children may not use our Website or our Cloud-Based Platform or purchase our products, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). We have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Website or our Cloud-Based Platform. If a child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the information and opt out of promotional opportunities.
- Acceptable Use Policy
For information on our Acceptable Use Policy, click here.
- Questions or Requests?
In the event that you wish to submit a question regarding our use of your personal information or request to modify, erase, or restrict the processing of your personal information, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679
- California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- For California Consumers
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “Act”), in effect January 1, 2020 affords California consumers several basic rights. Those rights include the right to know what personal information is collected, where it is sourced, the purpose of its use, whether it is disclosed or sold, and to whom it is disclosed or sold. California consumers have the right to opt out of allowing the sale of their personal information to third parties (or, for consumers under the age of 16, the right to not have their personal information sold without a parent or guardian’s consent). You have the right to have a business delete your personal information upon request, and you have the right to receive equal and non-discriminatory service and pricing from a business, even if you exercise your privacy rights under the Act.
- Refer to Section 2 above regarding “Information that we Collect and Process.” If you have questions about the data we have collected from you or how it is used, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at: (800) 804-8266, or email@example.com
- vCom takes your privacy very seriously, and does not ever monetize consumer data to any third-party organizations.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal information, and may do so by contacting us at: (800) 804-8266 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not retain your personal information for longer than required. We will keep your personal information until we no longer have a valid legal or business reason for keeping it or you request us to stop using it. Please note that we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your request not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer. Please note we may also keep just enough of your personal information to remain compliant with tax authorities or regulatory entities.
- If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights, rest assured you will continue to receive equal service and pricing on a non-discriminatory basis.